Skip to main content

Blogger Recognition Award--- passing it along!

Hey all!



First of all, happy Friday! Let me start by thanking the guys over at "The Football Outcasts" once again for nominating me for this Blogger Recognition Award! I think this is a GREAT way to have all of us bloggers go out and see what everyone else is writing about.

I noticed whenever I went back to check the comments and begin sorting through peoples blogs that Admin had disabled comments for my post requesting for you to comment blog links (no big deal).

HOWEVER, that being said.. I only had 14 people leave their blog links. So, I know I said I would recognize 10 bloggers but I went through all of them and decided I am only going to recognize 5. After all, this IS supposed to be an award of some type and I really didn't want to just recognize you all (although, I have to tell you all of your blogs were like 50 THOUSAND times prettier and put together than mine).

The best part about this award is it is going to be different for every single person distributing it out. So again, I appreciate everyone who commented and let me venture into their world, these are just the writers who struck a cord with me and I therefore would like to give shout outs too.

I'm not really sure how to go about this so I am going to present them in the same format mine was presented in "The Football Outcasts" blog.

Alright, first up..
1) N. Chi's World - Man I gotta tell you guys, aesthetically, this site is beautiful! I especially like your tag line, "Change your mindset, change your world". I hold that idea very close to my heart as I always want to change my students world on a regular basis and that of course starts with me being the best I can be. So I was intrigued to read pieces that discussed just that!

I read the article titled, "Check Your Circle: Evaluating the People Around You" which was inspired by "Friend Day" that happened a few days ago (oops). In it she discusses the different types of personalities you will find in a typical group of friends and which ones to avoid. I liked the list of things you SHOULD look for in your core groups of friends. Specifically the Don’t Tear You Down or Shoot Down Your Dreams aspect. 

2)  "Little Reading Coach"-When I went to the site, I was surprised at her first post being one that was simply encouraging people to not forget your books stores, especially the small town ones, whenever they are considering purchasing books. It was a refreshing read. In other posts, you will find her discussing how to get children interested in reading and how to keep the literacy momentum alive in the off season aka summer (may it rest in peace) by doing things that are actually engaging for your kids and not just requiring them to do the summer reading list. Thanks for being a fellow lover of students and reading! 

3) "Jenny Reno's on a Penny" - This is a blog about some folks stretching that dollar to make some FABULOUS housing design choices. In the most recent article I read, she shares tips on how to get the most bang for your buck! Covering everything from Craigslist, to Facebook groups, to new Apps (such as Let Go) where you can find success in buying things at a SERIOUS discount. As another new (and first time) homeowner, I am always looking for deals. Thanks! 

4) "Wandering Cerebrations"- This blog discusses sights from around the world you could only dream of seeing (that some make a reality!) I checked out the article about some amazing places in Norway! My favorite aspect of the article was the creative writing that was done describing each place before discussing the attractions specifics. 

5) "Figments of My Imagination" - This last blog is just a girl who is passionate about writing. There are different prompts that she has written about and just put good creative vibes out into the interweb. She is currently writing her first novel while also working in marketing communications. Good luck in your endeavors! Always keep writing!

Well, there are the ones I really wanted to call some attention to!

Again, thank you again so much for taking the time to read and be sure to check out these other bloggers listed above. There is nothing better than a great support system- I am so glad I have found a small group to do that with! 

Comments